Root Canal Treatment
No one really wants to have a root canal but when you need one, you want it done right. Blue dental offers quality dental services and has an experienced panel of root canal specialist with an extensive history in performing root canal treatments.
When do I need a Root Canal Treatment?
A root canal is needed when damage occurs to a tooth’s pulp. This can happen due to injury or due to severe tooth decay.
Healthy tooth consists of three layers: Enamel, dentin and pulp. The pulp is present inside a canal in the root, referred to as root canal.
- Bacteria enter your tooth through cavities. It starts from the enamel. When not treated, the infection slowly spreads into the second layer (dentin) causing sensitivity, and further progressing into the third layer (Pulp) infecting the pulp present in the root causing severe pain.
- This infection can lead to formation of an abscess and swelling.
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
- A root canal is often a dreaded procedure but this can be an alternative to a tooth extraction and can be a very effective way to eliminate tooth pain.
- In the treatment process infected Pulp is removed and the canal is disinfected. The canal is then filled with a filling material and sealed.
How many sittings will it require?
Recovery after Root Canal Treatment?
- If your dentist at BLUE DENTAL recommends a root canal treatment, you needn’t worry about a painful experience or a long recovery time.
- Having the pain of your infected tooth root alleviated is very worthwhile.
Why do I need a Crown after Root Canal Treatment?
- After a root canal treatment, your tooth has to be restored (fixed) to look, feel and work as much like a natural tooth as possible.
- A crown has to be placed following the treatment to give strength to the tooth and to protect the tooth from further damage.